Monday, February 4, 2008

Hillary Clinton Called Today

We're old friends, naturally. We both spent our relative youths in headbands, for instance. So many stories to tell.

When she rang today, I saw "Unavailable" on my caller ID. Naturally, I did not answer. Especially since I was at work. In retrospect, I think Hillary would understand.

Now, I should mention that I have not spoken to her in quite sometime. Therefore, when her message started, I figured she would want to leave something quick on my voicemail. She's been in California a lot lately so I thought she might want to grab lunch or drive down to Rancho Palos Verdes and look at mollusks. No such luck.

Her message stated, "Hello. This is Hillary Clinton and I wanted to remind you that as you stand up and vote for change on Tuesday, I will stand up for California every day when I am president. I will stand up and fight for universal health care so all Americans can have quality, affordable health coverage. I will stand up and fight to protect the environment and end the massive tax subsidies the Bush administration gave the oil companies. And I want all Californians to know that I will always stand up for you when I am in the White House. On Tuesday, February fifth, I hope you will stand up and join me so we can take back our country. Thank you very much."

So, apparently Hillary and I are going to hang out tomorrow? From what I can gather, we'll be standing and we're going to go take back our country. I hope there's free food involved.

No comments: